Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Carol's memories of Mary Joan Mitchell Ross

Everett Day Mitchells’ daughter- Mary Joan Mitchell (Ross) Williams

Mary Joan born December 26 1938-passed away December 24, 2007

Mary Joan was the type of person who always had a smile. As a little girl she looked like Shirley Temple,
Blonde curls and big blue eyes.

She was the type of person who always had something going. At Christmas she would always have us four children put on a Christmas play, I am her little sister, four years difference between us. I was always following her around and I was a pest. I loved her so and admired her. When we had the Christmas play I was always a shephard, with a blanket around me, I guess it was better than a donkey. John was a shephard also. Everett was Joseph and Mary Joan was Mary and my doll was Jesus. She would make it so much fun. Dad and mum would enjoy it so much . She would always show us where Santa hid our toys she was just full of life and mischief. Oh how we misss that.

She always loved children. She would babysit whenever she could as she got into her teens.

She was married at the age of 16. At the age of 17 she had her first son,Donald James Ross Jr, Then came Daniel, Then Darrell, Then, Dana, Then Jody Ann a girl,what A surprise and at last Darren. Six children whom she loved with all her heart, they were her life.

She loved Houlton, Me, she married a man from there and there she stayed most of her life. She is still there and we all miss her . I lived in Mass.and N.H. most of my life so I think of her still there in her kitchen laughing and playing with her children.

I find myself living in PA. now,my name is Carol (Mitchell) Doubleday

No comments:

Post a Comment